Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Electrical Engineering is at the forefront of the newest technology. The discipline has moved beyond wires and circuits into cutting-edge technology. The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering was established in 2004. Department offers B.Tech. Electrical and Electronics Engineering with an intake of 60 plus and M.Tech in Power Electronics and Mtech in Energy system with an intake of 18 each . The department head has a vast industrial and teaching experience and is ably supported by well qualified vibrant faculties and non-teaching staffs.
The academic offering is focused on the theoretical and practical aspects of Electrical Machines, Control Systems, Power Systems, Electrical and Electronic devices & circuits, Instrumentation etc. Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department conducts career developing, interpersonal and intrapersonal skills of students. It organizes Seminars, Quiz Programmes, Industrial Visits, Paper Contests, Group Discussions, Guest Lectures, Games etc under its auspices.
The students are encouraged to present papers and to participate in seminars conducted in other engineering colleges. Industrial tours are arranged for students to obtain an exposure to industries.
The Department offers B.Tech and M.Tech programs in Electrical and Electronics Engineering stream which includes:
B.Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
M.Tech. in Power Electronics and Drives
M.Tech. in Energy Systems
To excel in technical education and research in the field of Electrical & Electronics Engineering by imparting innovative engineering theories, concepts and practices to improve the production and utilization of power and energy for the betterment of the Nation.
- To offer quality education in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and prepare the students for professional career and higher studies.
- To create research collaboration with industries for gaining knowledge about real-time problems.
- To prepare students with sound technical knowledge.
- To make students socially responsible.
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization for the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural science and engineering sciences.
- Design and development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specific needs with appropriate considerations for public health safety and cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including predictions and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and society: Apply reasoning, informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practices.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental context and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life – long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life – long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Objectives
- Apply Science, Engineering, Mathematics through differential and Integral Calculus, Complex Variables to solve Electrical Engineering Problems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of software and hardware to be required to practice electrical engineering profession.
- Apply the knowledge of Ethical and Management principles required to work in a team as well as to lead a team.
Programme Outcomes describe what students are expected to know and be able to do upon the graduation.
Students will have:
- Competent profession in Mechanical and related Industries, Research based Academics and business firms.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, analyse and interpret data and results in electrical and electronics engineering.
- Ability to design electrical and electronics systems, components, or processes to meet the desired needs within realistic constraints such as health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability with economic, environmental, social, political and ethical considerations.
- Ability to work individually as well as in multidisciplinary teams as a member or as a leader to accomplish the common goal.
- Ability to identify, analyse, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- Knowledge of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively in any area of their field to the industry, fellow beings and society.
- Broad knowledge necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions on individuals, organizations and society.
- Ability to engage in life-long learning to update their knowledge to keep pace with changes caused by dynamic nature of engineering field.
- Awareness of the contemporary issues that help to integrate advanced and sustainable solutions in the user environment.
- Ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools, software and equipment to analyse and model complex engineering solutions.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Graduates shall have a good foundation in the fundamental and practical aspects of Mathematics and Engineering Sciences so as to build successful and enriching careers in the field of Electrical Engineering and allied areas.
- Graduates shall learn and adapt themselves to the latest technological developments in the field of Electrical & Electronics Engineering which will in turn motivate them to excel in their domains and shall pursue higher education and research
- Graduates shall have professional ethics and good communication ability along with entrepreneurial skills and leadership skills, so that they can succeed in multidisciplinary and diverse fields.
University Rank Holders
- Sreerekha Raj4th Rank
- Deepak M 5th Rank
- Madhavi K1st Rank
- Anildas 6th Rank
- Sreelekha S 9th Rank
- Rishana N 30th Rank
- Ramya Rajeev K 34th Rank
- Akhil U K40th Rank
- Nirsha K I4th Rank
- Divya K S 7th Rank
- Shana P S 18th Rank
- Pranitha M P 19th Rank
- Kripa Nandakumar M26th Rank
- Naveen V29th Rank
- Sreelakshmi S1st Rank
- Arjun R22nd Rank
- Reshmi Krishnan V34th Rank
- Aiswarya K P9th Rank
- Anagha Radhakrishnan11th Rank
- Jijitha U21st Rank
- Noushiya A26th Rank
- Aswathi R39th Rank
- Jijithamol2nd Rank
- Sanjay Jayan12th Rank
- Aneesh L18th Rank
- Aravind R Pisharody36th Rank
- M S Pradeep
- Shilpa Sethumadavan
- Ambika Ashok
- Karthika Menon K
- Shinu Ismail S
- Sruthy Mukundan
- Reshma B
- Aina Theresa Pereeira
- Aneesha A
- Aparna R
- Arjun R
- Aswathi S
- Hanan C A
- Jithira A K
- Nabeel Kochubava T
- Prasutha T Prasadh
- Reshmi Krishna V
- Sangeeth Balu K
- Saroja P
- Sreelakshmi S
- Smriti V
- Arun P S
FACE , Sriram Transport Finance Ltd
- Mohammed Rafeeq Ummer
FACE, Sutherland - BPO
- Aishwarya Rajagopalan
- Aswin A Nair
Adithya Birla- BPO, Tech Mahindra- BPO
- Vishnupriya P
Sutherland - BPO
- Nidhi Mohandas
Sutherland - BPO
- Lini Joys
Think& Learn, Syntel
- Kailas K P
Accenta Training Solutions
- Sarath Syam Gopal
Accenta Training Solutions
- Aiswarya M S
- Aiswarya U
- Akshay Kumar
- Anand P Menon
- Jijitha Mol
Accenta Education, Amazon, Hinduja Global
- Justin D James
- Nikhil Babu
- Siva Prasad Sivadasan
- Alisha Davis
- Chandni A Shaji
- Shyam Janan
- Siddarth Krishnan
- Praveen N M
- Kiran M K
- Ajeesh C G
Amazon , Hinduja Global
- Aravidn R Pisharody
- Sunaina J
Hinduja Global, V Dart & FACE
- Sarangi M V
- Mariya Paul
- Keerthi U P
- Rosna S
Activities & Achievements
- June 2015
- Ms. Nirsha K.I obtained 4th rank in B.Tech EEE, Calicut University.
- July 2015
- Ms. Nirsha K.I secured high GATE score (score = 617 and rank = 1578) and studying M.Tech with GI scholarship.
- September 2015
EEE Association organized a one day workshop on the topic, “PCB Design and Electronic skills” for the first semester students of EEE, ECE and Mechatronics departments and third semester students of EEE department.
As a part of EEE Association activities “IMPULSE 2K15” for the academic year 2015-16, a seminar on the topic “Gas turbine system for electricity generation” was arranged for the students of M.Tech in Energy System and faculty members of EEE department on 23rd September2015. Ms Maya Ramachandran, Manager, Control& Instrumentation, NTPC was thechief guest.
- A Debate was conducted on the topic “Is Brain drain out in Engineering” for the second year EEE students on 15th September 2015.
- October 2015
- Ms. Sreelakshmi of M.Tech Energy Systems got her paper “Design of Cost Effective and Environment Friendly Compact Fluorescent Lamp Disposal System using Titanium Dioxide Photocatalyst” accepted for IEEE, WIECON-ECE 2015 in Bangladesh on “Women in Engineering and Technology”.
- Ms.Smrithi of (2012-16) EEE got First Prize in NATIONAL LEVEL TECHNICAL FEST at Ahalya school of engineering, palakkad.
- November 2015
- A Debate was conducted on the topic “Should Fireworks Be Banned From Big Celebrations?” for the first year EEE students on 13th November 2015.
- January 2016
- Ms. Smrithi of (2012-2016) EEE got First Prize in EEE Association in JCET, January 2016.
Mr.Arjun R. and Sangeeth balu K. of S8 EEE got First Prize in KSEB Engineers’ Association 7th Seminar series on the topic “Power Augmentation in Kerala- Issues, Challenges, and solutions”, January 2016.
- February 2016
Ms. Sreelakshmi of MTech Energy Systems got Runner Up prize of Rs.50000 on the project “Design of Cost Effective and Environment Friendly Compact Fluorescent Lamp Disposal System using Titanium Dioxide Photocatalyst” in Dr. Pradeep P Thevannoor Innovation Contest organized by SCMS School of Engineering and Technology supported by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University held on 1st and 2nd February 2016.
- Ms. Smrithi, Ms. Shilpa and Ms. Shincymol got first prize in N-SITE Project Presentation
Conducted one day workshop on “Industrial Automation” by EEE Association on 9th February 2016. The workshop was conducted by the faculties from School of Instrumentation and Information Technology (SIIT), Kottayam.
- Lini Joys and Aishwarya Rajagopal of (2012-16) EEE got first prize in “Innovative Idea Contest” conducted by JCET palakkad.
- Sangeeth Balu K. of (2012-16) EEE participated in the national workshop on the topic “Sustainable energy management using Grid connected solar systems” conducted by KSEB engineers association Kozhikode on 12th February 2016.
- July 2018
POWERGALE-2K18( A National Level Techfest) organized by Department of EEE from 25/7/2018 to 27/7/2018 at NCERC Pambady, having
Paper Presentation, Poster Presentation, Technical Quiz, Seminar, Workshop
- Athul B (2016-2020) Batch, Kiran
K Narayanan (2016-2020) Batch, Nithin Babu (2016-2020) Batch, Sooraj M S
(2016-2020) Batch have,
Selected in Idea Fest 2018 contest, conducted by Kerala Start-up Mission (KSUM) at NSS College of Engineering, Palakkad on 24th March 2018.
Selected for Grand Finale at Rajagiri School of Engineering and Technology, Kochi on 12th May 2018.
Scored 18th Position in KSUM grand Finale and waiting for Fund conducted in KSUM office, Techno park, Trivandrum on 27th July 2018.
- Arun K Narayanan(2016-2020)
Batch, Kiran K Narayanan(2016-2020) Batch, Arun K S(2016-2020) Batch have
1st & 2nd Prize in Robo Race, University college Thenhipalam, Calicut, September 16,2018.
3rd Prize in Robo Soccer NIT Calicut on 13th and 14th October 2018.
Qualified for Semi final in Robo War NIT Calicut on 13th and 14th October 2018.
2nd Prize in Robowar conducted at IIT Palakkad on 27th October 2018.
Participated at Roborace at Providence College of Engineering, Chengannur, Alappuzha 27th October 2018.
1st Prize in Robo Soccer in Govt. Model College of Engineering Ernakulam on 2nd and 3rd November 2018.
Qualified for Semi Final in Robo war.
Qualified for Final Round in Robo Race at NSS College of Engineering , Palakkad on 11th November 2018.
- Sreejith V S(2015-2019) Batch, Nelson P O(2015-2019) Batch have Qualified for Final Round in Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Energy Quiz -2018 held on 21.11.2018.
- July 2019
On 29th August IMPERIUM, Association of EEE Department have started the SEEM chapter Kerala @ NCERC, Pampady. Chairman, SEEM Kerala Chapter, C M Varughese inaugurated the SEEM student chapter at NCERC.
- Abhijith T.H(2018-22) has secured the First place in Power Quiz conducted by KSEB staff association.
- Ms.Susmitha T. M (2016-20) has secured the Second place in Power Quiz conducted by KSEB staff association.
- Mr.Sreenath A G & Nirmala M (2017-21)batch has secured second place in district level Energy Quiz conducted by Dr.A P J Abdul Kalam University