Department of Master of Computer Applications
Master of Computer Applications programme is a three-year course of intensive theory and practical work. It is spread over a period of Six semesters which enables the students to get familiar with the usage of Computer using at-least five latest programming languages and large number of Applications. The course also develops the capabilities of the students in preparation of System software. The students under go mid-term projects in Industrial Organisations. The placement cell helps students in finding suitable placements. During the 6th semester, students generally go to the industries and implement a real time project which is directly useful to the organization concerned.
The course offers an opportunity to the students of related technical fields to switch over to the vast field of Computer science and Applications. Meanwhile, the integrated multidisciplinary approach with innovative teaching methods enhances the analytical and problem solving skills which are inevitable for a computer professional. Personality development module facilitates to tap the full potential of students by improving time and self management, communication skills, team spirit, confidence and career building attitude.
Eligibility Criteria For 3 Year MCA Program
- Candidates should have passed in any recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration with Mathematics at 10+2 level OR a t Graduate level. The candidate should have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in their Degree Exam but, it is 45% for candidates belonging to reserved category. For SC/ST candidates, a minimum pass in the degree exam is sufficient; no rounding off of percentage of marks to the nearest higher integer is permitted.
- The candidate should be eligible in the Kerala MCA Entrance exam, being conducted by LBS
Eligibility Criteria For Lateral Entry (2 Year) MCA Program
- Candidates should have passed in any recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration in BCA, B Sc (IT/ Computer Science) with Mathematics as a course at 10+2 level or at Graduate Level. The candidate should have obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidate belong to reserved category) at the qualifying Examination.
- The candidate should be eligible in the Kerala MCA Lateral-Entry Entrance exam, being conducted by LBS
- To impart basic understanding of concepts, strategies, tools and techniques if Information technology.
- To provide a strong foundation in all technical aspects of computers and their applications.
- To develop communication capabilities and soft skills necessary for contemporary IT professionals.
- To help to acquire experience in IT application in industry through projects on computer application software.
Our MCA Association is committed to developing the Organizational, Technical as well as Professional skill set of the student members. Seminars and Talk-shows are organized very often, to impart updated information on all related domains of technology. It organizes competitions in Quiz, Technical presentation, Debate etc.., joining various departments of the campus. The association hosts ‘Prayaana’, a South Zone intercollegiate technological meet, which forms a ground for the technical enthusiasts all over South India to share their views and reviews on IT enabled concepts. The Association has to its Publication credits, a weekly news chart ‘InfoMagz’, monthly Journels and an Annual technical magazine ‘Pizada’, compiling literary works from the Students, Faculty and Industry/Research professionals. An Industrial visit is organized during the 2nd year of the course, to make students familiar with real-time Industrial scenarios. The Environment Visit is organized during Sem5 so as to create a love for green nature and making the students ready to preserve it. The social extension activities, initiate the students to visit places like orphanages, rehabilitation centers etc.., help and participate in their movements, so as to cultivate sensibilities of care and empathy within them, thereby bringing up the students as socially-committed citizens
News and Events
The major activities taken up by the department for the previous academic year include,
- Association Inauguration
- National Conference on IT for Social Change
- Social Extention Activities
- Industrial Visit
- Environment Visit
- Survay Enumerator roles for Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
- Pizada Magazine
Absorbing the oneness-factor which remains as the departmental-aura, we call ourselves teamMCA.., and the co-curricular/extra-curricular acheivements are acheived through our active clubs..
- Readers Club
- Publication Bench
- Celluloid Club
- Quiz & Debate Club
- Social Extension Club
- IV/EV Club