Department of Mechatronics Engineering
NCERC is the first institution offered the Mechatronics Engineering since 2013 (Approved by AICTE New Delhi and Accredited by NAAC and Affiliated to the University of Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Technological University)provides a platform to create and apply knowledge by thinking and doing in this rapidly changing world. We aim to provide our students with a perfect blend of intellectual and practical experiences that helps them to be a King of industrial automation.
This program developed in direct response to industrial demand for engineers with multidisciplinary skills is a combination of Mechanical, Electronics, Computer, Telecommunications, Systems design engineering streams. Here we allow our students to design, construct and run automated processes, where they use their skills in computers, micro-controllers, programmable logic controllers, programming, industrial sensors, hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic drives, the design of mechanical structures and mechanisms and knowledge of manufacturing processes.
VISION : To mould self motivated graduates with knowledge in diverse areas of engineering and a desire for lifelong learning , who will be employable, will be conversant with ethical practices and teamwork, will excel in higher studies, proficient in research with a flair for publication of scientific findings, capable of conducting seminars and conferences, talented in developing products and processes with an intrinsic knowledge in the fundamentals of Intellectual Property Rights.
MISSION : To built a strong centre of excellence in learning and research in engineering and frontiers in technology, To felicitate students to learn and imbibe discipline, culture and spirituality besides encouraging them to assimilate the latest technological know-how to render a helping hand to the underprivileged, thereby acquiring happiness and imparting the same to others without any reservation what’s ever to turn the college into a magnificent and mighty launching pad to turn out technological giants, dedicated research scientists and intellectual leaders of the society who could prepare the country for a quantum jump in all fields of science and technology.
Mechatronics engineering has become an internationally recognized discipline with degree programme offered in Japan, the United States of America, Europe and Australia. There are many opportunities for mechatronics graduates.
Vision of the Department
To develop professionally ethical and socially responsible Mechatronics engineers to serve the humanity through quality professional education.
Mission of the Department
- M1 : The department is committed to impart the right blend of knowledge and quality education to create professionally ethical and socially responsible graduates.
- M2 : The department is committed to impart the awareness to meet the current challenges in technology.
- M3 : Establish state-of-the-art laboratories to promote practical knowledge of mechatronics to meet the needs of the society.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Design and develop Mechatronics systems to solve the complex engineering problem by integrating electronics, mechanical and control systems.
- Apply the engineering knowledge to conduct investigations of complex engineering problem related to instrumentation, control, automation, robotics and provide solutions.
- 1st Rank in 1st Semester KTU Results (Anas Mohammed Ali, 2017 – 21 Batch, All over Kerala for the Mechatronics Engineering).
- 1st Rank in 3rd Semester KTU Results (Adith Sunder, 2016 – 20 Batch, All over Kerala for the Mechatronics Engineering).
- 1st Position in 6th Semester Calicut University Results (Sidharth N Pisharody 2014 – 18 Batch, All over Kerala for the Mechatronics Engineering)