Automobile engineering, along with aerospace engineering and marine engineering, is a branch of vehicle engineering, incorporating elements of mechanical, electrical, electronic, software and safety engineering as applied to the design, manufacture and operation of motorcycles, automobiles and trucks and their respective engineering subsystems. It also includes modification of vehicles. Manufacturing domain deals with the creation and assembling the whole parts of automobiles is also included in it. The automotive engineering field is research -intensive and involves direct application of mathematical models and formulas. The study of automotive engineering is to design, develop, fabricate, and testing vehicles or vehicle components from the concept stage to production stage. Production, development, and manufacturing are the three major functions in this field.
The INDIAN automotive industry is the most dynamic and exciting one in the world right now and biggest reason is the consumer base. Our population is so diverse in terms of age and taste and they have so many options now that it keeps evolving. Now coming to careers, the industry can be widely divided into 3 sectors, R&D, Manufacturing and Sales & Marketing. And I can promise you the options are pretty good. I have read a lot of answers here and I can tell you the people who are being pessimistic are quite wrong. We have world class manufacturing facilities. Just go and visit factories of Ford in Chennai and Chakan in Pune you will get a glimpse. Coming to R&D, this sector is pretty young and has come up recently in the last 15 years or so they are world class as well. Search for MRV Chennai which is the R&D Centre for Mahindra and also for Maruti Suzuki in Rothak. Sales and marketing is a place where WE INDIANS are the best in the world hands down, Hero is a classic example.
News & Events
- Automobile Engineering Department has Participated in Technical Festival(TECH EXPO-2K16) Organised by Malabar Polytechnic College Cherpulassery, Palakkad on 4th, 5th, & 6th January 2016.
- Six Automobile Engineering Projects (1. MINI BACK HOE ,2.AUTOMOBILE PULSE BRAKING SYSTEM, 3. MULTI PURPOSE AGRO MACHINE, 4. ALL WHEEL STEER, 5. HANDS FREE AUTOMOBILE FOR PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED AND 6. INTELLIGENT REVERSE BRAKING SYSTEM) have been exhibited in the TECH EXPO.
- Two Final year Automobile Engineering students Mr. Abu Asad.M and Mr.Devanand.C.T along with Mr.Rejumon.R Asst.Prof. Automobile Engineering Department, NCERC have taken part in this Technical Festival on 5th January 2016 and explained the working Principles of those models to visitors at TECH EXPO.
- VEHICLE SYSTEM LAB (AU 234)
- AUTO ELECTRICAL LAB (AU 332)
- AUTOTRONICS LAB (AU 431)
- Inauguration of seminar on ‘VEHICLE DIAGNOSIS’ at Aryabhatta seminar hall on 24th February 2016 organized by Automobile Engineering Association and SAE INDIA collegiate club at NCERC in association with M/s BOSCH India Ltd, Chennai.
- Mr.Kiran G Nair of Bosch India Ltd delivering lecture in the seminar. A total of 135 students from 2nd year, 3rd year and final year of Automobile Engineering have attended this seminar.