Department of ECE established in 2002 with an intake of 60 students to undergraduate (B.Tech) programme and enhanced to an intake of 120 students from 2006. The department offers two Postgraduates(M.Tech) programmes in “Electronics”. “Applied Electronics & Communication System” from 2011 with an intake of 18 students and “ VLSI Design” from 2012 with an intake of 18.
Highly qualified, experienced and dedicated staff members are the backbone of the Department. The Department always strive hard to satisfy the knowledge thirst of both students and faculties by organizing workshops / technical talks / conferences etc. The faculty members are actively involved in research work and regularly present/ publish their work in various national and international conferences / journals. The ECE Department is proud to host state-of- the art Laboratories in the area of VLSI, Embedded Systems, Microprocessor and Microcontrollers, Circuits, Analog and Digital Communication and Microwave and Optical communication.
The ECE department formally inaugurated the ECHOS (The ECE Association) in 2009 and under this banner many extra-academic activities have been conducted such as paper presentation, quiz competition, workshops and seminars. Also the department has two magazines that have been developed on the basis of the creative skills of our imaginative students. There is an Embedded Club that meets on monthly basis to discuss innovative projects and publication based activities. Department is closely associated with INSTITUTE OF ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERS (IETE) Palakkad Centre to organize technical events like guest lecture, seminars and conferences.
“Learning is continuous throughout life”. I welcome you all to the department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Nehru College of Engineering & Research Centre, Pampady. We, in this department through Association provides Paper presentations, Circuit Debugging, Assembly Language Debugging and project Competitions are conducted regularly to explore the technical knowledge of the students. The developments, challenges and expectations in the industry are being disseminated among the students through in-plant trainings, workshops, seminars, symposium and conferences. The perseverance of students and the encouragement of the faculty are always reflected in the university results where, our students hold the highest pass percentage in the institution. We, thus commit ourselves for implanting quality technical education, Continuous learning with up gradation in recent trends, Placement, training for better carrier growth with the continuous effort and support of family Members. Our Alumni network involves Entrepreneurs, Teaching professionals, Managers and Administrators at the highest levels in their respective fields. Students are also encouraged to undergo supervised practical training in different industries so as to get hands-on experience and become employable technocrats”.
VISION : Providing Universal Communicative Electronics Engineers with corporate and social relevance towards sustainable developments through quality education.
MISSION : Imparting Quality education by providing excellent teaching, learning environment. Transforming and adopting students in this knowledgeable era, where the electronic gadgets (things) are getting obsolete in short span. To initiate multi-disciplinary activities to students at earliest and apply in their respective fields of interest later. Promoting leading edge Research & Development through collaboration with academia & industry.
If you want a career which offers diversity, scope for creativity, a dynamic environment with an increasing demand in the market then Electronics & Communication Engineering might just be your calling. Among Indian engineering aspirants, this discipline has been a popular choice for quite some while. ECE involves modeling, design, manufacturing, testing and operation of systems used for control of various industrial applications and communication.
News & Events
- SEMINAR ON APPLICATIONS OF RASPBERRY PI
Speaker :Er.P.Sudalai Mani, Team leader- Marketing, PantechProEdPvt Ltd, Kochi
- WORKSHOP ON ARDUINO PROGRAMMING AND INTERFACING FROM 7.8.2017 TO 10.8.2017
Speaker : Mr. M.A. SURESH, Centre Manager, IETE PALAKKAD
- NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON MTEECE (MODERN TRENDS IN ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING) ON 4TH & 5TH APRIL-2017
- SEMINAR ON WOMEN EMPOWERMENT & CYBER SECURITY WITH LAWS RELATED TO CHILDREN
Speaker Sri. P.Premnath, Sr.(Gr).Asst.Public Prosecutor & Secretary VISWAS on 16th March, 2018
- ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING WORKSHOP : There will always be demand for engineers who know how to make, understand and improve electronic systems. In Electronics Workshop the students will familiarize different electronic components such as resistors, capacitors, inductors, Transistors, FETs etc. and study how to test these components. After familiarization & testing they will analyze some basic electronic circuits.
- DIGITAL ELECTRONICS LAB : In this laboratory students deals with digital circuits. A digital circuit is a circuit where the signal must be one of two discrete levels. Each level is interpreted as one of two different states (for example, on/off, 0/1, true/false). Digital circuits use transistors to create logic gates in order to perform Boolean logic. This logic is the foundation of digital electronics and computer processing. Digital circuits are less susceptible to noise or degradation in quality than analog circuits. It is also easier to perform error detection and correction with digital signals.
- COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING LAB : Communication Engineering laboratory focuses on training the students in both analog and digital transmission/reception of signal. The students here start in the analog area by constructing the circuits of amplitude modulation, frequency modulation and phase modulation. Later they will be able to do optical and micro wave systems using high frequency signals (both transmission and reception). Learning the concepts, with small applications give them plenty of joy and real motivation towards their studies.
- LINEAR INTEGRATED CIRCUITS LAB : This laboratory aims at imparting the knowledge required to design and verify different analog circuits based on operational amplifiers, 555 timers, PLLs etc. 30MHz Oscilloscope’s, Function generators and Regulated Power Supplies etc. This laboratory enables the students of II & III year to study the various applications of Analog (Linear/Non-linear) ICs and their application. Also enables them to get familiarity with various linear ICs such as OP Amp (µA741) and Timers (SE/NE 555), , Design of multi vibrators & sweep circuits, ADC and DAC.
- MICROPROCESSOR & MICRO CONTROLLER LAB : Microprocessor & Micro controller lab helps the students enhance their knowledge about various processors such as 8085, 8086,microcontollers and also the interfacing of these processors with other equipments. Students will get practical tips for building circuits and programming the microcontroller in the C programming language .The features and facilities available in this lab will help the students do their projects and enhance their knowledge about the latest trends and technologies.
ECHOS ( The association of ECE Students) , officially inaugurated on 17/12/2009.ECHOS is a gateway to acquire practical insight and skills, explore and develop industry relevant abilities. ECHOS is an opportunity to involve students in technical, cultural activities and also to expose for the event management aspects.