The road map for the institution gives a clear and transparent direction for the growth of the institution. The next five years is a crucial period in the college’s growth. The following are the strategic steps to be taken to in order to grab the opportunities:
- To create Excellence Centers in Research, Entrepreneurship, Management and Technology.
- To create right ambience for operation of the above Center of Excellences.
- To increase Industry interaction and Consultancy services.
- To create the most sought after destination for the best teachers by establishing proper faculty training excellence center and perfect environment for growth of teachers.
- To create a system which offers the best learning platform for students by incorporating academic, sports, arts and other extracurricular activities together in students campus life.
- To create an online database of subjects thought in class-rooms.
- To create practical facilities for students and faculties that creates innovative and creative products and services for the society.
The institution has a clear strategic plan which guides all the activities of the institution. The strategic plan has been created to achieve the Vision and Mission created by the stakeholders. All departments devise their plans of their programs and activity. Regular department meetings are held to device day to day and strategic plans of the department. These plans are approved by the Principal of the institution and are implemented.
One such implementation of a strategic decision is the establishing of the Internet of things (IOT) lab in the campus. The Entrepreneurship cell, Management and Principal worked together to drive and implement the processes of establishing an IOT lab in the institution. The research and development cell of Nehru group of institutions organized Technology based entrepreneurship development program on Internet of things in the year 2019 at NCERC which culminated in establishing the IOT lab. This IOT lab was sponsored by National science and technology entrepreneurship development board (NSTEDB) New Delhi and Entrepreneurship development institution of India. Students can make use of the lab to do projects in Raspberry Pi and ARDUINO. Both theoretical and practical training are given to students in these areas in the IOT lab.
The objectives of IOT lab.
- To gain knowledge about Arduino and raspberry pi.
- To implement real time problems and analyze it practically.
- To study automation on various instruments.
- To understand the cloud data management using pi.
- To understand the real time monitoring of various equipments.
IOT lab details
It is located the Aryabhatta block (main block).It has the following facilities
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
- Uno R3 Arduino Compatible Board
- Bread Board – 840 Pin (GL-12)
- Other accessories.
The Entrepreneurship cell is funded and lot of activities are conducted like
- Three days Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp was held at Nehru college of Engineering and Research Centre on 26th,27th, and 29th September 2018.
- Three days Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp 2 was held at Nehru college of Engineering and Research Centre on 10th,11th, and 12th October 2018.
- A one day workshop on “Intellectual Property rights – Creative Thinking and Innovation – an insight”, conducted by Dr. Vinod .V, Professor, Mechanical Department, NSS college of Engineering, Palakkad on 10th January 2019.
- Three days Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp was held at Nehru College of Engineering and Research Centre on 29th, 30th, and 31st January 2019.