The Department of ECE was established in 2002 with an intake of 60 students for undergraduate (B.Tech) programme and enhanced to an intake of 120 students from 2006. The department offers two Postgraduate (M.Tech) programmes, namely, “Applied Electronics & Communication System” from 2011 with an intake of 18 students and “ VLSI Design” from 2012 with an intake of 18.
Highly qualified, experienced and dedicated staff members are the backbone of the Department. The Department always strives hard to satisfy the knowledge thirst of both students and faculties by organizing workshops / technical talks / conferences and so on. The faculty members are actively involved in research work and regularly present/ publish their work in various national and international conferences/journals. The ECE Department is proud to host state-of-the-art Laboratories in the area of VLSI, Embedded Systems, Microprocessor and Microcontrollers, Circuits, Analog and Digital Communication and Microwave and Optical communication.
The ECE department formally inaugurated the ECHOS (The ECE Association) in 2009 and under this banner many extra-academic activities have been conducted such as paper presentation, quiz competition, workshops and seminars. Also the department has two magazines that have been developed on the basis of the creative skills of our imaginative students. There is an Embedded Club that meets on monthly basis to discuss innovative projects and publication based activities. Department is closely associated with INSTITUTE OF ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERS (IETE) Palakkad Centre to organize technical events like guest lecture, seminars and conferences.
Vision of the institute
To mould true citizens who are millennium leaders and catalysts of change through excellence in education.
Mission of the institute
NCERC is committed to transform itself into a center of excellence in Learning and Research in Engineering and Frontier Technology and to impart quality education to mould technically competent citizens with moral integrity, social commitment and ethical values.
We intend to facilitate our students to assimilate the latest technological know-how and to imbibe discipline, culture and spiritually, and to mould them in to technological giants, dedicated research scientists and intellectual leaders of the country who can spread the beams of light and happiness among the poor and the underprivileged.
Provide well versed, communicative Electronics Engineers with skills in Communication systems with corporate and social relevance towards sustainable developments through quality education.
- Impart Quality education by providing excellent teaching, learning environment.
- Transform and adopting students in this knowledgeable era, where the electronic gadgets (things) are getting obsolete in short span.
- To initiate multi-disciplinary activities to students at earliest and apply in their respective fields of interest later.
- Promote leading edge Research & Development through collaboration with academia & industry.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO’S)
- To prepare students to excel in postgraduate programmes or to succeed in industry / technical profession through global, rigorous education and prepare the students to practice and innovate recent fields in the specified program/ industry environment.
- To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematical, Scientific and engineering fundamentals required to solve engineering problems and to have strong practical knowledge required to design and test the system.
- To train students with good scientific and engineering breadth so as to comprehend, analyze, design, and create novel products and solutions for the real life problems.
- To provide student with an academic environment aware of excellence, effective communication skills, leadership, multidisciplinary approach, written ethical codes and the life-long learning needed for a successful professional career.
Mapping of PEOs with the Program Outcomes (POs)
The Electronics and Communication Engineering Program outcomes leading to the achievement of the objectives can be summarized in the following Table.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO’S)
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of t h e engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO’S)
- Facility to apply the concepts of Electronics, Communications, Signal processing, VLSI, Control systems etc., in the design and implementation of engineering systems.
- Facility to solve complex Electronics and communication Engineering problems, using latest hardware and software tools, either independently or in team.