The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in the year 2002 with the mission to educate students from all over India,
including those from rural areas, so that they become enlightened individuals, improving living standard for their family, industry and society.
In 2002, the department is started with B. Tech of single batch with sanctioned intake of 60 students. In 2014, department is grown up with the
sanctioned of 120 students of 2 batches. The department is accredited by NBA In the year 2022. One of the most sought after courses amongst engineering
students, Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) is an academic programme which integrates the field of Computer Engineering and Computer Science.
The programme, which emphasises the basics of computer programming and networking, comprises a plethora of topics. The said topics are related to computation,
algorithms, programming languages, program design, computer software, computer hardware, etc.
Dr. Mredhula. L
Professor & Head
I welcome you to NCERC, dedicated to ensuring great careers for our students. We are forging deeper industry linkages, creating an academic and research culture from Starting day and assuring the seamless education using the state of art technology available.
We have invested a great deal of time and energy in creating strong foundations for our department and will continue to do all that it takes to ensure the bright career opportunities through placement-focused studies for our student.
The excellent infrastructure, well experienced teaching faculty of the best kind of the Department ensuring quality education such as interaction among students, parents and staff, along with a Training and Placement Cell ensures a bright future to its students.
I wish to appreciate the team of faculty members and the students for their brilliant and tireless efforts. Depending upon the interest of the student, he/she may choose to go for higher studies or employment and can choose to do research & development, design, production, application, testing, or management in the Information Technology industry. We strongly encourage innovation in research, in teaching and in service to the profession, the local community and industry. I wish all the students and faculty a good academic career.
Sincerely, and with best wishes,
Producing Highly Competent, Innovative and Ethical Computer Science and Engineering Professionals to facilitate continuous technological advancement.
- 1: To impart Quality Education by creative Teaching Learning Process.
- 2: To promote cutting-edge Research and Development Process to solve real world problems with emerging technologies.
- 3: To inculcate Entrepreneurship Skills among Students.
- 4: To cultivate Moral and Ethical Values in their Profession.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO’S)
- PEO 1: Graduates will be able to Work and Contribute in the domains of Computer Science and Engineering through lifelong learning.
- PEO 2: Graduates will be able to Analyze, design and development of novel Software Packages, Web Services, System Tools and Components as per needs and specifications.
- PEO 3: Graduates will be able to demonstrate their ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment by learning and applying new technologies.
- PEO 4: Graduates will be able to adopt ethical attitudes, exhibit effective communication skills, Team work and leadership qualities.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO’S)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- PO 1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO 2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO 3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO 4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO 5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO 6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO 7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO 8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO 9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO 10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO 11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO 12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO’S)
- PSO 1: Ability to Formulate and Simulate Innovative Ideas to provide software solutions for Real-time Problems and to investigate for its future scope.
- PSO 2: Ability to learn and apply various methodologies for facilitating development of high quality System Software Tools and Efficient Web Design Models with a focus on performance optimization.
- PSO 3: Ability to inculcate the Knowledge for developing Codes and integrating hardware/software products in the domains of Big Data Analytics, Web Applications and Mobile Apps to create innovative career path and for the socially relevant issues.